Wednesday, August 27, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL - HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE


Today, Barack Obama was officially voted the Democratic Presidential nominee at the Democratic National Convention.  A few states officially gave their votes in their designated speeches, and briefly after that, Senator Hillary Clinton spoke over a loud roaring crowd for New York and she moved to suspend the roll call vote, and officially named Senator Obama the Democratic nominee.  This was an emotional and historic moment, and not only for all BLACKS, but also for this wonderful country.  Overjoyed is what I feel. After all of the suffering and all of the pain that my people have endured, finally progress has a name, Barack Obama- YES WE CAN! 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great day in American history...not just black history but all of America. I am proud to have witnessed it and can't wait to tell my children and grandchildren of this historical day...Go Obama!!!!!!
Oh and I ordered my "Barack the vote" shirt yesterday. :)